Friday 18 December 2009

In Tokyo Akihabara

Mio Akiyama (GoodSmile) & P.O.P Strong Series - Luffy (Megahouse)

Finally got my way around Tokyo & Akihabara for the very first time. In Akihabara there are so many electronic & figure stores I didn't know where to look at first. My friend ken at kenleewrites.com suggested exploring the building at Kotobukiya and I spent a good 2 hours in there looking at the different figures and the collection that they have. Ended up buying my self a Mio Akiyama Nendroid from Goodsmile and a P.O.P Strong Edition Luffy at the Kotobukiya.

Currently staying at Ichikawa, Chiba with my grandma's sister. Place is nice and small, which is what I prefer compared to living in a larger house in Vancouver. Recently Tokyo has been experiencing some earthquakes here and there. Felt my first earthquake so was an interesting experience. Photo's of Japan will come shortly.

3 comments:

L. Matsuko said...

omg u must be going crazy buying stuff. don't get too fat eating all that food.

yoshi_kun said...

nah man~ i'm actually losing weight b/c I haven't been eating as much. I've been busy buying everything here and there hahaha... saw soo much stuff it's craaaaazy

ClearTranquil said...

You know Ken Lee? Small world.

The kotobukiya place was a good suggestion in terms of finding everything in one place, but it *can* be a little bit more expensive in that building (because it's so close to the station). The best stuff is found in the little shops either in basements or in high places in back alleys.