Monday 9 January 2012

Bandai Figuarts ZERO: Captain Buggy


I know I told myself that I would think twice when it comes to Bandai figures because of the quality I have been seeing online. but I got a few unexpected Christmas gifts that I thought I would share from my perspective. First off, I was very surprised at the quality that some of these Bandai Figuarts figures came out to be. I know that some people that collect these figures were not pleased with the quality of the paint or some of the sculpt quality was poorly made. I do believe they are inconsistent, but I was lucky enough to get two figures that were pretty well made.





Here's a short review of Bandai's Figuarts Zero: Captain Buggy figure. He comes with two forms (1) his normal form with his knives and (2) his miniature form when his other parts of the body was tied down. The heads are inter-changeable and he comes with a base plate. However, he is pretty well balanced that he can actually stand without the base.




The color and details done on the figure is well made. There are some imperfection on his hand holding the knives, which is lacking compared to the Banpresto or MegaHouse figures. I am treating this figure as equal to the other companies to bare with me here. The details done on his pants and clothes are pretty impressive and I love the fact that you can have inter-changeable faces, which is something Banpresto is missing. Unless you decide to go for the expensive MegaHouse figures, but for it's price and customization, Bandai Figuarts would be an alternative. Enough with the long read, check out some of these photos. Enjoy!



No comments: