Wednesday 29 February 2012

Bandai Figuarts Cobby & Helmeppo Review


Finally made some time to update on some new characters that I got this week. Got my hands on Figuarts Cobby & Helmeppo figures. As some of you may know I mostly collect Banpresto figures, but I did make some exception for characters, which I think won't be made into Grand Line Men/Lady figures (any time soon or ever). Figuarts Cobby and Helmeppo were one of those exceptions and I like the sculpt made for these characters. So here is a short review of these figures.










First off the sculpting is very well made for both of these characters. I know that some of the facial expressions for the Mugiwara crew weren't spot on, but these two are just fantastic. I love how Figuarts figures come with multiple poses and items, which Banpresto figures are lacking. Though I am a bit disappointed in some of the coloring done of these figures. Seeing that Bandai makes these figures in mass production, the quality of their painting is not as high as Banpresto's figures. Don't get me wrong on this. My Sentomaru and Buggy both had very good coloring quality, but this is one of those times that the coloring was not done well. Hence, One Piece Figuarts characters are considered (in my opinion) buy at your own risk.






The only coloring error which was poorly done was on the white colored parts of the figures. For instance a bit of the green, such as Helmeppo's shirt was rubbing on to his arms, or Cobby's white shirt has a bit of blue from his scarf. The coloring on the faces of both characters were done well and there were no smudge's or errors so that was a relief. However, for those looking for perfect spot on figures with very little or no errors on sculpt or coloring, I would suggest Banpresto figures. Banpresto only makes a small batch but you can guarantee that their quality is spot on! Over all I am pretty satisfied with these characters and once I make some space to place all my figures I shall post up some photos. Enjoy!


No comments: