Saturday 21 April 2012

Banpresto Grand Line Men Vol.12 - Roronoa Zoro


Here he is. The legendary man himself, Banpresto Grand Line Men Vol.12 Roronoa Zoro. He is by far, my most favorite character from the Grand Line Men series. The details on him is excellent and each accessory has a lot of detail as well. He come in seven parts: (1) Base, (1) Body, (3) Swords, (1) Right arm, and (1) his belt. I love how the sculptor carefully thought out how to put his swords and the belt together, instead of pulling them and pushing them through a tiny opening where the paint might be scratched.









The details on his clothing is done really well, similar to the Will of D. Roger figure. The sword itself has a lot of detail as well and they all fit nicely with the figure. When the belt wraps around the swords, it actually looks like they were slipped into a tiny opening, but instead they are carefully placed one by one and then wrapping the whole thing together. Again, well thought out. If you are a Zoro fan, the Banpresto Grand Line Men version of him is one to add into you collection. Here is a gallery of the figure. Enjoy!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome to see that you got your grandline men volume 12 as well! I love my zoro and sanji. I also got the Chopper, and as your previous post have state, he is HUGE. I think it would've been better if his head was smaller.

Anyways Great post again

yoshi_kun said...

I love the details on Zoro! Especially with how they put the swords together with his belt. They put in a lot of thought into it instead of just pulling the swords into the opening.

I agree as well with Chopper's head. I have been debating on this for a long time as well, but at least for Banpresto you have a good consistency with the quality. Figuarts, I find that they are all based on luck. Fortunately for me I just so happen to find Figuarts Chopper at a convention I attended and was able to choose out of all the other bunch.

Thanks for reading! I will keep updated once Franky and Brook come out as well! Hopefully Robin as well, if they ever decide to release any more Grand Line Ladies any time soon.

mpchi said...

Did you have trouble closing up Zoro's belt? Mine stay in place just fine, but where one end connects to the knot doesn't close the gap nicely and have part of the underneath peg showing. I saw the same thing in one of your pics too. Maybe that is a common problem? I was very excited about this Zoro at first, but unfortunately mine came with some paint blobs on the green coat (bad QC touch ups), so I need to touch it up and hide those blob. Not perfect, but they are less visible now. I do wish the green coat has lighter shades of green. Looks quite dark as is. And that belt gap bugs me a bit too. Zoro's face turn out very nice though, better in person than shown in pictures.

As for Chopper, I picked GLM over Figuarts. Just like the consistency of the same figure line, and I like the look of GLM's more, but I agree that Chopper's head is very big, probably Banpresto's attempt to justify customers who pays the same amount to play the UFO Catcher game without getting a prize that is less than half the size of the others. The bulk of Chopper's head does make up for it. Even my wife thinks this Chopper is very cute, and my bait to lure her to watch One Piece one of these days. Haha.

yoshi_kun said...

The belt was a little trouble some for me as well. I do agree on that! Mine stayed on for a short while, then it would slowly part away, which is a shame. What I was thinking of doing is putting a very thin layer of super glue at the bottom of the belt hook where it goes in (letting the glue dry of course) and let it give that extra friction in holding it in place.

I do love the coloring done on GLM as well! I was thinking about it for a really long time. But I think lately I have been thinking of collecting certain characters from Figuarts and GLM as well. Characters such as Jinbei, sentomaru and such are a nice addition. I'm not sure if Banpresto will ever make those characters, seeing how slow they are and also the characters they make are based on popularity as well. The figuarts are decent scales so they are a nice addition to the collection, but the QC of them are all over the place. If I were to get more Figuarts characters, I would choose them if I see them in person.